AWAKE EXEC MARRIES THE PRINCIPLES OF A CALM MIND WITH THE PRINCIPLES OF HIGH PERFORMANCE.
In just seven days, discover how the practice of mindfulness can help you break from reactivity, ramp up your executive presence, and lead with composure.HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
As part of Awake Exec, every day for one week you’ll receive:
- A 10-minute, professionally-filmed video training that covers a specific, proven mindful leadership tool that you can put into action immediately.
- A powerful, eye-opening exercise or handout related to the daily topic.
In short, only the best mindfulness content, specifically created for rising leaders, packed in the least amount of time. That’s right. We get you.
You’ll also receive guided meditations and access to a private Facebook community of like-minded professionals to keep your practice going strong. Best of all, everything is yours to keep so you can take the course over again as much as you like.
HERE’S what we’ll cover
On Day One you will learn
- The definition of mindfulness and how this 2,500-year-old practice can improve your leadership skills today.
- How mindfulness can override triggered reactions, allowing you to respond to any challenge with more ease and grace.
- How the brain attempts to distract you from tasks perceived as difficult or uncomfortable, and how to regain your focus for extended periods of time.
On Day Two you will learn
- A step-by-step process for observing your thoughts without judgment.
- How to recognize limiting or critical mental stories and reframe them instantly.
- How to touch any situation with kindness and compassion regardless of the circumstances.
- How to take wise action in the midst of overwhelm, frustration, and interpersonal conflict.
On Day Three you will learn
- The Virtues, Intentions, and Goals (VIG) method for identifying your anchoring leadership principles, as well as specific actions you can take to embody them each day.
- How to set and pursue meaningful goals without wrapping your identity and self-worth in them.
- How to practice non-attachment while also holding yourself accountable for results.
On Day Four you will learn
- Specific tools for mindful (versus defensive or resistant) listening that will enable you to strengthen your relationships by deeply connecting with others.
- How to shift from impulsive reactions to thoughtful responses.
- How to remain cool and clear during high-heat interactions.
On Day Five you will learn
- The definition of “leadership presence” and why your energy at work is directly tied to your influence.
- How to use mindfulness practices to deeply feel your emotions without becoming carried away by them.
- How to actively create a foundation of inner strength that is large enough to hold significant roles and career opportunities.
On Day Six you will learn
- The key difference between a victim reaction and an empowered response.
- The classic mindfulness tool that will enable you to interrupt negative thought patterns before they spill over into emotional behavior.
- How to understand when you’re giving away your personal power, and how to get it back with quiet calm.
The main difference between acting with composure versus acting from compulsion boils down to our own internal dialogue. This is a deeply important factor in leadership and influence, but it’s also one of the trickiest aspects of the mind to understand. In this video, Emily and Debra share their individual processes for moving through the limiting beliefs that – if left unchecked or unrecognized – can cause us to get stuck and play small in our lives. Grab a cup of tea and prepare for an engaging hour-long conversation of insights and proven methods for turning the dial way down on the inner critic once and for all.
About Your Hosts
EMILY BENNINGTON IS A BESTSELLING AUTHOR AND THE FOUNDER OF WORK+SPACE CONSCIOUS CAREER DESIGN.
Her work deep dives into “the space” between stimulus and response where she challenges professionals to choose intentional, values-centered action. Emily has led training programs on mindfulness and leadership for numerous Fortune 500 companies and has been featured in business press ranging from CNN, ABC, and Fox, to the Wall Street Journal, Glamour, and Cosmopolitan. Her weekly Minute Mindful blog touches a growing tribe of thousands of professionals who are seeking a holistic approach to career success.
DEBRA HICKOK IS A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL FACILITATOR, MINDFUL COMMUNICATION COACH, AND FOUNDER OF FEATHERSTONE PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL COACHING.
Clients from around the globe work with Debra to learn methods which promote collaboration, consensus, creative problem solving, and successful communication. Debra has been a teacher of practical mindfulness and its application in daily life for over 25 years. She has also been nominated Life Coach of the Year twice by the International Coach Federation of New England. Debra’s varied client list includes Olympic team trainers, health care administrators, Ivy League faculty and corporate executives. Organizations whose executive-level managers work with Debra include: Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Staples, and UBS.
What others are saying
Who is this for?
- Awake Exec is for anyone interested in the mindset required for high-level career success. If that’s you, feel free to give it a try. There’s a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you have nothing to lose.
How much time will the course take?
- Completing course activities requires anywhere from 15-20 minutes per day, depending on how engaged you are. As a general rule, you should plan on 10 minutes of training and 10 minutes of written exercises for each day, excluding the Day 7 video which runs an hour. If you get behind or miss a day entirely, no worries. You have lifetime access to the material so you can watch as many times as you like and take as much time as you need.
Any special system requirements?
- No special requirements other than solid internet access. You can watch / listen on any laptop, desktop computer, iPhone, iPad, etc.
How is the course delivered?
- Awake Exec is delivered via an exclusive course website. Videos are private links, audios are mp3 files, and worksheets are PDFs. Everything can be enjoyed on the site or offline through iTunes or other players.
When does the course start?
- You will receive immediate access to Day One activities upon purchase and you’ll receive new content every morning for the following six days.
Do I have access to Emily and Debra?
- Emily and Debra are active in the private Facebook group, but this is a digital-only course so no personalized coaching is included.
What if I have more questions?
- If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com. You’ll receive a response to your message within 24 hours on business days and within 48 hours on weekends.